Poll: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
Yes
No
Something about Abraham Lincoln
All of Trump's judicial nominations are white!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
(10-14-2020, 11:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, but it was really just finishing what Harry Reid started.

Maybe so. Still a rule change.

(10-14-2020, 11:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think you are grasping how controversial this move would be.  What's to stop the GOP from doing the exact same thing the next time they're in power?

What is stopping them now?
I have a feeling the next time they're in power, they would do something like that no matter what if they feel the necessity. If any, they might hesitate if they know there'd be payback. If they learn there will not be any payback, yeah well, that's rather an incentive to just do it again really.

(10-14-2020, 11:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What McConnel did was underhanded, but packing the SCOTUS is a naked power grab.  I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that doing so could be the impetus for a second civil war.

I don't think it's a power grab when the resulting SC would stil be 6-5 republican.
And I also don't believe this would lead to a civil war. Not if Trump losing didn't already lead to one, which honestly I think is a more likely reason for certain citizens to grab their guns and be all civilwary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court? - hollodero - 10-14-2020, 11:49 AM