Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Top 5 and Bottom 5 Starters - PFF (min 100 snaps)
(10-13-2020, 05:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Top 5 Offense (min 100 snaps):
1) Tyler Boyd (83.4)
2) Joe Burrow (73.1)
3) Jonah Williams (70.7)
4) Tee Higgins (68.8)
5) Joe Mixon (68.5)

Top 5 Defense (min 100 snaps):
1) Jessie Bates (89.0)
2) William Jackson III (69.9)
3) DJ Reader (69.6)
4) Carl Lawson (65.1)
5) Mackensie Alexander (64.1)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bottom 5 Offense (min 100 snaps):
1) Fred Johnson (45.3)
2) Alex Redmond (51.7)
3) Michael Jordan (53.8)
4) AJ Green (58.5)
5) Trey Hopkins (59.8)

Bottom 5 Defense (min 100 snaps):
1) Akeem Davis-Gaither (39.0)
2) Germaine Pratt (46.6)
3) Josh Bynes (53.4)
4) Carlos Dunlap (54.1)
5) Vonn Bell (56.0)

Love these....

I am not going to beat up our LBs with lower scores here.  PFF doesn't know the assignments of the players and I remember hearing a LB from the Pats that said he was always rated low by PFF (despite being a key cog on the #1 defense for several years) because they didn't know his role.  I think our young LBs are looking very promising.  If they got dinged for dropping an INT (both ADG and Wilson last game), then they should get credit for reading the QB and being in place to make a play as well.  

Bell isn't getting a lot of love in coverage, but he was RIGHT there on a couple completions.  I just have to tip my hat to perfect ball placement and a good, clean catch by the TE.  He is always in position and helps stuff the running game which has improved dramatically the last few games.  I also like his work ethic and preparation.  

Dunlap...I guess he will have to play more now.  Hope he magically flips the switch like he did last year the last eight games.  Only problem is if he waits that long, they will be eliminated from any playoff hopes (I know they are already slim as hell).  He seems to like to play against the Colts, so we will see.  

If our young LBs could show the development that Bates has in his time here....the future of the middle of the defense would be very bright.  

One guy I am surprised isn't on the positives list is Darius Phillips.  Maybe it is not knowing his assignments again, but the guy blitzed on 8 defensive snaps and broke up the play on 5 of them.  He was outstanding.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 5 and Bottom 5 Starters - PFF (min 100 snaps) - SHRacerX - 10-14-2020, 12:08 PM