Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-14-2020, 11:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have lots of issues with Taylor's play-calling from the Ratbird game, but I loved what he did against Jax...It wasn't just that it worked, but the fact that it showed misdirection, creativity, running the ball and not giving up on the run after one two yard gain.  

As far as AJ goes, I don't know what Taylor could do for him other than give him snaps in the slot (which Marv did 30% of the time two years ago) but that only takes snaps from Boyd.  AJ isn't being double-teamed so his "presence" isn't helping the rest of the team.  He gets zero separation and he looked uninterested in being out there.  Even the first game of the season, you could see by the Game Pass numbers that he wasn't reaching 19 MPH on targeted routes, when he used to nearly hit 21 MPH.  I just don't know how to make him useful again.  I fear his time is gone.  

If he had shown ONE route at 20 MPH, or great elusiveness in his routes, I would be all over the mental side or "find a way" to use him properly, but I think he is just done.  

It reminds me a bit of when we had Ki-Jana Carter off the surgery and a hungry Corey Dillon.  You had to play Dillon over the slow Carter.  He was just better, even though Carter was a #1 overall pick.  AJ's history doesn't help us today.  It is time to move on and go young.  

We're only five games in. I'm not disagreeing with you about AJ being rusty. He looks rusty. I think most of it is mental at this point. There is no light here. AJ is looking at Whit and he's probably like,"I'm done with this shit show".

Plz don't bring up a Jax win like it was some great victory. We barely beat possibly the worst team n the league.

It starts with a screen pass. First play from scrimmage, next game. Instead of handing it to Mixon, give it to AJ. Early and often. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - coachmcneil71 - 10-14-2020, 12:44 PM
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - JSR18 - 10-16-2020, 04:12 PM