Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Joe can do to help himself
(10-14-2020, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I honestly think we have receivers that can get open.  To me the biggest problems are poor O-line play and poor play design.  And even a lot of the poor O-line play seems to be coaching.  they get beta more by stunts and blitzes than just getting over powered.

Dalton did not look bad in 2018, but he was total shit last year.  I don't think he forgot how to play QB in just one offseason.  I think the schemes in our passing game just don't work to get receivers open.  Joe doe need to get rid of the ball quicker to avoid sacks, but we can't move the ball if he has to throw the ball away all the time.

Finally I have to admit that I thought this thread might be about Joe "Chewing ass and holding people accountable".  So far he seems to have earned the respect to be a leader.  I believe that is done through example instead of pitching fits.

And it is impressive that despite all the pressure he still is not throwing a lot of interceptions.  That is what a lot of rookies do, and that is MUCH worse than taking too many sacks.

With the o-line, it may be indeed be poor coaching and problems with the scheme that's playin a big part, but when you go back and re-watch games...there's no getting around the fact that these linemen get pushed around and beaten off the snap way too often. I don't think it's a stretch to say this group, overall, just isn't very talented and they don't have the greatest awareness when it comes to navigating their areas in zone or winning their matchups in man. 

As for Joe, I think he has the makings of an elite QB. Unfortunately, there are some very real limitations to the offensive unit this year and I think he has to make better decisions when things go wrong. It's also up to Zac and Brian to help him out and put him in better situations to be successful as well. Having a more consistent running attack would do wonders for Joe as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Joe can do to help himself - Bengalholic - 10-14-2020, 02:38 PM
RE: What Joe can do to help himself - J24 - 10-14-2020, 02:16 PM
RE: What Joe can do to help himself - Mer - 10-14-2020, 05:06 PM