Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter King makes Burrow / Carr comparison
Randall Cunningham got sacked 277 times from 86-90, 38 times more than Carr did in his five year span, yet he went and had a long carreer. People always want to jump straight to Carr, but no one even knows what Carr was actually going to be. We like to say sacks ruined him but we know now QB's miss all the time so it's easy to say that's why but it's just as likely he wasn't any good. He came out of Fresno State with essentially one decent season under his belt and we act like he was the next Peyton Manning if not for getting hit.

I am not saying Burrow needs to be taking hits constantly, but let's relax on this idea it is some sort of predictor of a ruined career because it frankly isn't. We have simply faced some great pass rushes so far this year, and the one time we didn't (JAX) he was fine. I don't think he finishes anywhere close to 70 when it's all said and done as I see it being closer to the 58-62 mark, which will be great because then we can stop with the stupid Carr narrative.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peter King makes Burrow / Carr comparison - Au165 - 10-15-2020, 08:14 AM