Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Play Calling Linked to Burrow's Sacks...
The sacks in the boot action are happening because the run blocking is so bad the backside end isn't collapsing to help. If the backside end doesn't collapse you are going to get hit on those plays. This is a direct result of the O line and their poor run blocking, and in turn non threatening running attack. Sure we can kill those, but standard PA isn't working much better as the ends are rushing straight up field on those and not respecting the run either.

I actually agree to an extent on the empty stuff, but not his final conclusion you shouldn't be there butmore so what he mentions earlier. To me, Burrow has to be willing to put the ball up in one on one situations out of empty. We are in empty so he can more easily identify these match ups, but he needs to understand in the NFL guys aren't going to run free you have to put the ball out there and let them make a play. You have to expect your guy to win those match ups and take your shots. If we aren't goint to take those shots then we don't really have a reason to be in empty, that is on Burrow and something he needs to improve on.

I think it's always easy to go after coaching, and there are things to be mad about sure, but I think we are always too quick to give passes to players. Players need to perform at some point or you aren't going to win anything of importance.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Play Calling Linked to Burrow's Sacks... - Au165 - 10-15-2020, 09:09 AM