Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-15-2020, 05:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: AJ Green is a 10 year vet, that, again, has had over 18 months to get a handle on this offense.  Yet he clearly looks the worst of these 3.

Look, I'm not saying I expect to come into an actual live game, after 18 months of rust, in a new(er) offense, and completely light it up right off the bat, week 1.  But this explanation doesn't actually do anything to explain what is truly ailing him.

He looks slow as shit, and at times he looks disinterested.  That's what's really going on here.  Zac Taylor's offense isn't causing this.

If Tee Higgins can produce like he as in this system, with him being a rookie, then there's no excuse for AJ Green to lean on that it's just going to take time to get used to it.

Agree

I've rewatched some film of AJ and he looks like he's running in deep snow. He looks like he's afraid to mix it up with DB's. He looks, like you say, disinterested. Back in the 70's 80's they'd say "he's hearing footsteps".

I don't pretend to know what's wrong with AJ ? But I don't believe the current QB, team, scheme, plays, have anything to do with it.

It's sad to see it end this way for him but I believe he's done. His heart just isn't in it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - bengalfan74 - 10-15-2020, 10:10 PM
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - JSR18 - 10-16-2020, 04:12 PM