Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
And the season is officially over
(10-18-2020, 06:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: To be fair, I'd say around 90% of this board had them finishing at somewhere between 7-9 wins, when predictions came before the season.

I read countless threads about how much talent we had, and why we should be vastly improved.  (Burrow, great draft, getting Jonah and AJ back, free agency, etc.)

I also read quite a bit about how the Steelers were done, how the Browns were the Browns, and how the Ravens would take a step back as the league would figure out their offense.  (Fwiw, the Steelers are 5-0, the Ravens are 5-1, and the Browns are 4-2.)

So I think it's completly fair for fans to be incredibly disappointed.  Almost all of us had higher expectations than what we're currently seeing.

At what point is it fair to demand more?  We're most likely headed for 5th straight losing season, in a league built on parity and almost immediate rebuilds.  Our new coach is now 3-18-1.  This after inheriting a 6-10 team, getting back-to-back extremely enviable draft positions, and spending a fortune in free agency.

To each their own, but painting this season as a growing year seems to be a cop-out.  While no on expected a Superbowl, or even the playoffs, they certainly expected better than this.

There's a big difference between what you're describing and flat out sucking.  A nice "growing season", in a year with a lot of new faces, is usually going to result in actual growth.  You know, improving.  And it most likely looks like the 6-9 wins I mentioned were predicted earlier.

This isn't a growing season, it's an embarrassment.

Agreed, if anything this team is regressing. Burrow is also becoming bungalized
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: And the season is officially over - Trademark - 10-18-2020, 07:05 PM
And the season is officially over - bjf123 - 10-18-2020, 07:15 PM
And the season is officially over - bjf123 - 10-18-2020, 09:11 PM