Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tolerant Left at it again....again
(10-19-2020, 02:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: People act like the entire "left" purports to be tolerant. There is a large portion that never claimed to be tolerant,* and I'm betting those folks were among them.

Part of the confusion comes from calling everyone except the far right "the left." 

Liberal Republicans, moderate Democrats and a lot of actual leftists preach tolerance and listen to the other side--the majority of the country in fact-- but in right wing discourse all are lumped all together as "the left." 

Then when ANTIFA and fellow travelers shut down a speech somewhere, we hear about "leftist hypocrisy" from people not really interested in sorting out the political spectrum.

*I don't know that there is a "large portion of the left that never claimed to be tolerant."  There is not a very large left in the US, and in my estimation most of those are non-violent groups/individuals who support tolerance. Perhaps this depends upon how one defines and counts the left. I have counted you a leftist on this message board, along with my self and a few others, like Dino. But none of us has yet supported suppression of free speech that I am aware of.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Tolerant Left at it again....again - Dill - 10-19-2020, 03:43 PM