Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We’re probably stuck with Taylor
I'm not a Zack Taylor fan by any means, because of his questionable play calling and listening to his same old tired excuses after losses. Case in point is 3rd and 1 and he went with a fullback dive with Perine for no gain. Perine hadn't carried the rock all year in a game. He then decides to kick a field goal when the Bengals are 9 for 10 or 11 on fourth down conversions. Also 3rd and 1 from the shotgun on numerous occasions throughout his brief coaching career isn't a favorite of mine. I also think he had a hand in Lou only rushing 3. Unfortunately I am in with the ones who want Zack, Lou and Turner axed at the end of the year. My problem with that is I think it sets the Bengals back several years learning another system and coaches.

Think about this. If the Bengals had scored 1 more TD in 3 of the 4 losses and the tie, they would be 5-1, and football analysts would be talking up Taylor for coach of the year (is that a scary thought?). I know people hate the should of, would of, could of analogies but it was all a possibility.

I also believe Zack wasn't used to coaching with a huge lead keeping your foot on the gas and fell into the old...."play not to lose syndrome".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - BacknDaDey - 10-20-2020, 09:31 AM