Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tolerant Left at it again....again
(10-21-2020, 10:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Here's my problem with the "free speech" rally. Disclaimer before I begin, I don't endorse the violence that occurred.

The whole thing that they were protesting over was not censorship of conservatives. It was an attempt to limit the reach of potential disinformation that could have a major impact. Even the people at the NY Post knew that it wasn't reliable information and the guy who wrote most of it refused to put his name on it for that reason. The NY Post itself is notorious for stories that are less-than-credible to the point where it is almost a tabloid. There is still a ton of misinformation spreading around about the topic as evidenced in other threads on this forum. Facebook had a meeting a few years ago where they discussed they weren't going to censor fake news because an objective application of such a policy would be seen as targeting right-wing users at a higher rate and they didn't want that perception. I'm not joking here, that was the actual reason given.

This is why I can't take those things seriously. Studies show that the right is just more apt to share and spread misinformation and disinformation. It's not that these companies are actively trying to suppress conservative voices, it's just that most of the fake news comes from the right.

Perhaps they were going to protest the hypocrisy over which potential disinformation they choose not to make public. I could easily see why some would consider that censorship. Unless Twitter and Facebook have some prestigious researched facts only journalism award
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Tolerant Left at it again....again - bfine32 - 10-21-2020, 01:25 PM