Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tolerant Left at it again....again
(10-22-2020, 12:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The only problem I have with this post is that it's not something that's been acknowledged when it's a flimsy story about Trump or any conservative, really. (Not saying you're guilty, Bel. I know you generally reserve comments to the facts that are known). Everything you said here can't really be argued, IMO. It's too bad that people don't do this for ALL news stories regardless of who is being "attacked" (and, yes, I admit sometimes I'm guilty as well)

I admit to being guilty of it myself from time to time, even. Usually, though, when I'm confronted with a story that seems too good for either side, I find that searching for the news item and looking for stories from multiple sources can be helpful, focusing on sources like AP, Reuters, NPR, and BBC for the most fact-based reporting. Don't get me wrong, I like reading WaPo and the NY Times, but I know they lean left and so I will usually look to those other agencies just to verify.

I'm not going to sit here and say opinions about things are wrong, but when we throw around terms like "lying" we should have evidence to back that up. That isn't there in this instance.

We had a reboot in this forum, recently, and I took that as a good time to really practice this sort of behavior more consciously. I think it'd be great for others to do the same.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Tolerant Left at it again....again - Belsnickel - 10-22-2020, 12:53 PM