Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food, agriculture, and government
(10-29-2015, 11:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't get a double quarter pounder and fries because it's cheaper than a salad. (It's not any way) I get it because that's what I want to eat. And if you look at what goes for $1.00, it's not much food.

I do always find it interesting when they talk about this being cheaper than that when you look at menu prices and it shows a different story. I think a lot of that may have to do with the calculation they use. For instance, if they specified that when they mean that food x is cheaper than food y because the price per 100 kcal or whatever calculates to z, then it would be a better explanation of their findings. Since kcal is the standard for food energy and is typically used for measuring things like that, I am assuming that is their measure. Why they leave that ambiguous is beyond me. Also, I think it would be interesting for a different measure to crop up. Something taking into account all of the nutritional variables. That'd probably be extremely complex, though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Food, agriculture, and government - Belsnickel - 10-29-2015, 11:59 AM