Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Play Calling From The 6?!
(10-25-2020, 08:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On our final score with two minutes left, we ran Gio from the shotgun from the 12, which I wasn't happy with, but not that bad of a call.

Then, from the 6, we hand him the ball two more times from the shotgun!  We're on the 6!  the D is going to be near the line!  Running from the shotgun won't work!

Furthermore, on at least one of the next two downs, AJ had a corner on the line playing press coverage with no safety behind him.......  THROW A JUMP BALL!  AJ may not be the receiver he once was, but I'll still take him in a jump ball EVERY TIME from the 5!

Or have him fake like he's running a fade and have Burrow throw him a quick slant or a short skinny post!

Did that bother anyone else?!

Brother, they were trying to kill the clock.  As it turns out, 69 seconds wasn't just enough for the Browns to get a FG, but a TD and win the game.  The play calls weren't trying to score, but kill clock.  Very sad they have to think that way, but you see why.  

They did force the Browns to use all their TOs.  Didn't matter.  I like Alexander, but if he even touches that TE and doesn't allow him to roll out of bounds, the game likely isn't lost in the end there.  

Situational awareness.  We didn't need Alexander to bat the ball down, but tackle the TE in bounds.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid Play Calling From The 6?! - SHRacerX - 10-26-2020, 09:54 AM