Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hey Zac pay attention to Kliff Kingsbury
If you can't admit that Kliff Kingsbury has done a nice job with the Cardinals then you're not being fair, or you're ill-informed. Same goes for not easily admitting that he's clearly been superior to Zac Taylor thus far.

--- Zac Taylor took over a 6-10 team and proceeded to go 2-14 in year 1. Thus far he's 1-5-1 in year 2. (3-19-1 overall record)

--- Kliff Kingsbury took over a 3-13 team and proceeded to go 5-10-1 in year 1. Thus far he's 5-2 in year 2. (10-12-1 overall record)

There's been steady growth there in Arizona. And if you watch their games, their offense is both creative and exciting.

Murray is currently on pace for 4,221 yards, with 30 passing TD's. He's on pace for 999 yards rushing, with 16 rushing TD's. He's on pace for a total yardage season that's equal to that of Lamar Jackson's MVP year in 2019. He's on pace for more total TD's.

You cannot scoff at the level of development. Their QB, along with their entire offense is looks very good right now. They have the highest ranked offense in the NFL right now at 420 yards a game.

I just don't why anyone would argue against the idea that's done a good job. Does that mean it's guaranteed to continue forever, and he's a HOF coach? No, of course not. But you can't ignore the results thus far.

Lastly, I saw someone mention that he had Patrick Mahomes, as if that was the only reason for his perceived success. Does he not get some credit for recruiting that kid, ultimately getting him to that school, and then helping him develop into a top 15 pick? Mahomes was a 3 star recruit, who only had other offers from Oklahoma State and Rice.

I would argue that bringing up Mahomes is only another feather in the cap, in the idea that this guy is one of the best young offensive minds in the game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey Zac pay attention to Kliff Kingsbury - Wes Mantooth - 10-26-2020, 05:38 PM