Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(10-26-2020, 04:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am impressed with Herbert as well, and I have been wrong about what kind of pro he would be thus far.  Tua is a lot like a Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray without the crazy athleticism.  Odd thing is, it is that crazy athleticism that makes Wilson and Murray special.  It will be interesting to watch, though.  Not rooting against the kid or anything, but still think the Bengals got the best QB by far.  

What makes Wilson special in my minds isn't that he has that crazy athleticism but that he has crazy athleticism but it's not the focal part of his game, he just uses it to elevates his overall game. He's a passer first who is an opportunistic runner. Combine that with having the intelligence and skill to realize that if he wants a long healthy career, he needs to unnecessary hits by getting out of bounds or sliding early.

It's why I have no problem envisioning Wilson playing at age 40 and still kicking ass. I can't really envision that for any of the other run-heavy QBs.

(10-26-2020, 09:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well passing rating is not based on more throws.. actually more throws could  also lower your rating depending on amount of TDS and yards per throw.  Burrow could have had a higher rating than Herbert with less throws so really makes your statement mute. 

That's actually one of my two main problems with QB Rating. It's the best stat we have for QBs, but I think it favors game managers a little too much.  (The other being I wish we had a weighted/scaled version so we could instantly find out how much above/below average they were while also being able to easily compare different years/eras against each other like you can with OPS+ and ERA+ in baseball.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - ah5 - 10-03-2020, 01:24 AM
RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - TheLeonardLeap - 10-26-2020, 10:49 PM