Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(10-26-2020, 10:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's actually one of my two main problems with QB Rating. It's the best stat we have for QBs, but I think it favors game managers a little too much.  (The other being I wish we had a weighted/scaled version so we could instantly find out how much above/below average they were while also being able to easily compare different years/eras against each other like you can with OPS+ and ERA+ in baseball.)

QB rating does favor efficiency and game management.  It wouldn't calculate quickly and be able to be immediately presented, but QB performance should account for accuracy, % of snaps under duress, and air yards traveled by the ball.  For years when he had Bell, Piggy would get crazy YPA because of a check down that went 20 yards.  

Way too many things to consider, but if you go by QB rating alone, you will likely always reward a game manager over a guy that if making all kinds of plays on a lesser team.  Like, I could imagine Archie Manning never would have had a strong QB rating, but was a heck of a QB on a poor team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - ah5 - 10-03-2020, 01:24 AM
RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - SHRacerX - 10-27-2020, 08:28 AM