Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-27-2020, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Force was justified, but many people will question why he was not tazed instead of shot to death.

Yes, and those people are called idiots.

Quote:White people can't understand the perception of minorities because white people have not lived their lives under the threat of racist profiling by the police.  When police are viewed as "unjust" because they have discriminated against people based on their race then minorities are always going to question their motives in situations where white people would not.

I've worked with almost nothing but black and Hispanic people my entire professional life.  I've been told by two separate black people (one of them borderline militant) that I was an honorary black person.  So while I certainly can't understand the lived experience of a black or Hispanic person I am certainly well informed enough to form a highly educated opinion.  You also talk about "minorities" as if they are a monolith.  I can tell you that as many, if not more, black people support the police than don't, especially as they are more frequently the victims of crime.  They just don't go out and burn things down, loot or otherwise do things to earn the media's attention.

Quote:Would these police have tazed a white man instead of shooting him to death.  I don't know.

I do.  The answer is hell no.

Quote:But I can see why minorities suspect that they would not have.  They know that police treat minorities differently than white people based on their race.  And that perception was not created by the media.  It was created by the actions of law enforcement over the years.

I can too, because it's the bullshit narrative they've been fed from the media and the Democratic party, who is willing to support mass civil unrest if it gets them more votes.  Again, you have your opinion, which is fine, it's just founded in wishful thinking.  As I said before, if you allowed for the possibility that I am correct you'd be implicating yourself, which I can understand would be less than palatable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-27-2020, 03:36 PM