Poll: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
Yes
No
Something about Abraham Lincoln
All of Trump's judicial nominations are white!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
(10-27-2020, 04:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wars, slavery, scandal, the red scare, 9/11, Bush v Gore, amendments to the constitution, amendments to those amendments, even previous changing of the number of judges on the SC...all those things over all those years and adding two people to the SC *NOW* will "cause the shooting to start"?

Our country is in a much more fragile state now than it was during any of the events you just mentioned.  You also seem to be confusing, perhaps deliberately, that my belief that the shooting will start is the same as a desire for that to happen.  This could not be further from the truth.

Quote: If you truly believe that (and I think you do) you have no faith in our ability as a country.  And you have successfully ingested so much Trump flavorade that you truly believe in the division he has nurtured in this country.

First of all, how dare you make such a statement.  Only on the internet would someone have the balls to cast such an aspersion as this.  I also find it rich that you, who have bemoaned Trump's "erosion of our democracy" are now showing so much faith in institutions that you've been complaining about being fragile for the past four years.

Quote:I would hope you wouldn't join in "when the shooting starts" to defend something that would be perfectly legal and has happened in the past.

Please, you as much as inferred it already.  Don't try and put a thin veneer over your odious statement about me.

Quote:I'm not even for it but I don't think anyone else in this thread has used such hyperbole to fear monger about it.  

Believe it or not I expect a nuanced responses from you about it.

It's not fear mongering if you believe it's true.  Odd that Bel thinks the exact same way as I do on this subject, yet you didn't spend the time to quote his posts.  Be honest, this post is an attack on me because you thought you could score internet points with it.  I find your assertions nauseating and your denials about this being an attack on my person utterly unbelievable.  I'd honestly appreciate it if you never responded to me again because I have no desire to converse with you further on any subject whatsoever.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-27-2020, 04:21 PM