Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow is doing beyond fantastic
(10-28-2020, 01:41 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: May want to re-read the thread title 

No need to.

This is my issue with the pick.

Everyone is all yay!!! Look at Joe, he is so great. Cool, he is playing well but this doesn't fix the team.

I'm a Bengal fan, I cheer for the team, not the individual player. 80% of this board is just all rah rah rah... Joe is the greatest. Yet, the team still sucks and drafting him fixed nothing.

People's argument for not trading the pick was you can't find a player like Burrow in just every draft... really? Mahomes wasn't a 1st, Ravens jumped into the end of round 1 to get Jackson, Herbert, same draft later pick and he looks like a guy that can win. A-Aron was a late round 1 pick, Brees, Big Ben, etc, etc, etc...

I want the team to succeed, and for that to happen, things have to change, but Mike won't change unless he is forced. Instead he gets handed Burrow, that now has everyone convinced we are a coach or a player away from being good.. wrong... not just wrong... stupid.

This team still can't cover a TE, still struggles to stop the run, still can't get pressure on the QB, still has massive holes on the O-line. One draft, one off-season is not going to make this team good. So, that means you waste 2 years of the rookie deal for your QB while building a team around him and pray he doesn't get hurt or just get completely burned out.

So, excuse me for not celebrating more years of Mike Brown hiding behind a shiny new toy that doesn't equal a change in the Bengals culture at all.

Is Burrow good, yes. Is he good for the Bengals or are the Bengals good for him... I would say no.

Yes I realize that it is an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see this team win a damn playoff game in my lifetime, not have a QB that sets the yardage and attempts records while winning 2 games... the only stat that matters in the NFL... wins.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow is doing beyond fantastic - J24 - 10-28-2020, 12:25 AM
RE: Burrow is doing beyond fantastic - Murdock2420 - 10-28-2020, 04:37 PM