Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(10-28-2020, 07:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Democrat's criticism of Trump's response to the pandemic isn't and wasn't a hoax.  He was definitely criticized.  He is still be criticized.  I think we can both agree the criticism actually happened and is still ongoing.

Trump's response to the pandemic isn't a hoax. I think we can also both agree that he did restrict Chinese nationals from entering the country while still allowing thousands of travelers from China to enter the US.   That's a fact, not a hoax.

Both the World Health Organization and Dr. Fauci didn't recommend travel bans because of their economic impact and lack of efficacy before Trump announced his travel restrictions.  Recent history has born out both the WHO and Fauci were correct.

During Trump's rally speech in North Charleston, SC he claimed they were "totally prepared" and the pandemic hadn't "spread widely at all in the United States" because of his early action. At some other point he claimed we had 15 cases soon to be down to zero.  Trump told Bob Woodward he had always down played the pandemic. 

If we were totally prepared why did we have and still have shortages of PPE?  Why did it take months to get a test? Why did Trump have to invoke the Defense Production Act to produce needed supplies if we were totally prepared?  Why did states have to bid against each other and the federal government for needed supplies and needlessly drive up the price?

A hoax is a falsehood deliberately fabricated to masquerade as the truth. If there is any hoax here, it is Trump's response to the pandemic.  Not the Democrat's criticism of Trump's response.

This is such a spin to what I was saying and the tone of your first post to PhilHos. I never said that their criticism is a hoax. Let me try to break it down for you. Trump did stuff for the coronavirus. Democrats said Trump did nothing. Trump saying "the Democrats new hoax" is that he did nothing against the coronavirus, because he did.

PhilHos was saying we should all agree that we should all mask up and social distance and it really looks like you were saying that Trump said the coronavirus was a hoax. Then you change your stance to this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Brownshoe - 10-29-2020, 05:28 AM