Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(10-29-2020, 10:55 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The reality of Covid is not anywhere remotely close to the false panic being installed by MSM and the Dems.  Dark winter, doom and gloom, lockdowns.  Whatever.

220K mostly elderly over 8+ months now.  Sorry if I am not terrified or have a negative, dark outlook on the future.  Sorry if I am going to enjoy the Holidays vs panic, lockdown and think about dark winters.

Reality is hard, but it does not have to be an outlook of doom and gloom and dark winters.  Man people can be depressing.

Like I said, I'm the message board dunce.

So if everyone in the towers on 9/11 was elderly it would have somehow made that not a big deal? I am confused as to why the age of 220k people who have died matters. If a terrorist blows up a senior center does it make it less of a big deal because they were elderly? There seems to be this weird mental gymnastics going on that because it disproportionately kills the elderly that it somehow makes it not as big a deal. 

A lot of people refer to those elderly as the "greatest generation" and want to honor their lives and their sacrifices they have made, but when asked to make a sacrifice to protect their lives we can't be inconvenienced to do so. We would never have been able to make it through WW2 today because the country as a whole is not willing to make sacrifices for the greater good, or even show basic empathy. I am a person who believes hyper-nationalism in the form of pledges and anthems and worshipping a flag are counterproductive to the point, but the one time in my generation people could actually show their national pride and do something it has quickly been seen it was all an act.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Au165 - 10-29-2020, 11:06 AM