Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-29-2020, 11:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: Apparently 90% of blacks are killed by blacks. With these data, it seems hard not to see the racial aspect. Mickey sure has a point worth making, and while there certainly can be differing viewpoints simply countering it with claiming he uses a racist dog whistle is bad style and uncalled for. That's just the kind of oversimplistic mallet response that is not constructive and costs the left a lot of sympathies, and imho rightfully so.

Very true, and this is also why the problem continues unabated.  You can't even discuss it without a large group of people slapping you with the racism tag.  Unfortunately racism does not explain this massive indiscrepancy, or it's certainly not the only cause.  Hispanics are only slightly overrepresented in crime rates, as are Native Americans.  Asians are significantly underrepresented and whites are represented at a level commensurate to their population.  Only in the black community is there this enormous over representation.  This is obviously a serious problem, and black people, as you correctly point out, are the ones largely suffering due to this.  As the topic is forbidden by some it doesn't get seriously discussed and thus we will never make any serious headway in solving it.

(10-29-2020, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not the first time it was said that the "inner city" and "one race" are causing all the problems.  A dramatic oversimplification with racial undertones.

People can call it whatever they want...it is not different than Trump's "warning" that "They" will come to the suburbs and destroy your lives.

80% of whites are killed by whites.

Clearly "one race" is the problem.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-data-racial-murder/fact-check-false-data-on-u-s-racial-murder-rates-idUSKCN24I2A9

It is certainly false that whites are killed more often by blacks than other whites.  As I already stated, most crime is intraracial.  It is accurate to say that whites are killed by blacks at a far higher rate than blacks are killed by whites, but nothing close to the numbers in that article.  It is also factually accurate to state that blacks account for ~13% of the population but commit ~54% of the homicides in this nation.  It's people like you who are so quick to label a person racist for daring to discuss this obvious problem, that prevent it from being discussed and analyzed.  Which, of course, prevents any actual progress on solving the issue.

I already know you won't because you refused to do so with me when you stepped way over the line, but you owe Mickey an apology for baselessly calling him a racist.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-29-2020, 12:02 PM