Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-30-2020, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dino made a comment about how we have a problem in this country with the way police treat minorities.

Mickey responded with this

Basically he was deflecting any blame from the police to "one race" that wants to kill each other on a daily basis.  However the facts show that almost the same number of white people kill each other on a daily basis is black people.

This got everyone backpeddling as hard as they could explaining the reasons they DID NOT brought up the high crime rate for blacks, but so far no one has explained exactly why he did bring it up in the first place.

So why was the high crime rate among blacks brought up to address the problem of police treating minorities differently from white people?  Does the high crime rate mean that minorities deserve to be treated differently by police?

And don't start telling me why it was NOT brought up.  Tell me why it was.

And I am guessing that Mickey is the only one who can really answer this.
I wasn't deflecting anything.  Think what you want.

Listen everyone, I will admit, without all the sarcastic humor this time, i'm not some super smart, highly educated guy.  I'm just some regular dude, who grew up in Fairfield and participating in the Bengals message board.

I don't have the ability to write as nicely or think as in depth as some on here.  I'm a big 46 year old kid who loves life, loves to have fun, have always had a steady job and I have a wonderful family.  I'm just an IT dude at a local, very rural Hospital.

If I have said anything to make someone think I am racist I apologize.  If I said anything about genetics that offended anyone I apologize for that also.  It was unintended and not made in any kind of demeaning way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Mickeypoo - 10-30-2020, 01:01 PM