Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Brown and the Bengals early drafts.
Kind of OT, but need to comment on Tim George.

I was born and raised just north of Cincinnati in Franklin OH. I wanted to play football in college but I was not good enough to play at any large school. Since my parents moved to Tennessee after I graduated from high school I went to a small Baptist college called Carson-Newman. I played football there my freshman year but hated the school, so I transferred to UT-Chattanooga where I got my BS. I eventually got married, had a couple of kids, and got divorced. My ex-wife moved to Alcoa TN for her job and that is where my kids go to school.

I honestly did not remember a guy named Tim George ever playing for the Bengals, and even when I went to Carson-Newman I never heard of the guy who had played for the Bengals for one season 20 years earlier. But eventually I noticed his name in Bengal history just because he went to the same college I did. Then just a few weeks ago my daughter asked me if I had ever heard of Tim George. I said yes, and I asked her how she had heard of him. It turns out that Tim George graduated from Alcoa High School. Shocked

Now I feel like I should look up more about this guy because there are these weird co-incidences that connect our lives. I admit it is not any sort of strong connection, but it is kind of strange.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Brown and the Bengals early drafts. - fredtoast - 10-31-2020, 02:08 PM