Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOw many blown first round picks have the Bengals had over the years??
(10-30-2020, 05:50 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: David Klingler
Akili Smith
John Ross
Billy Price
Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson
Ki Jana Carter
David Pollack
Andre Smith
Dre Kirkpatrick
Darquez Dennard

.......and these are the only ones I can think of, but I know there have got to be others.  I know Pollack had a career ending injury, but still.....

Cincinnati is prob close to being if not being THE #1 team in the NFL in blowing first round picks

Wilkinson was not a blown. He was a decent player, although not a #1 overall caliber player. He did command a 1st and 3rd round pick in a trade, so he was miles ahead of guys like Ross who can't even be traded for a Wendy's double for Mikey boy.

Kirkpatrick was a starting CB for years and the #17 pick. That's not bad.

Dennard, same as Kirkpatrick. Dennard was a pretty good slot corner and still is.

Andre Smith started for years and once he developed he was a solid RT. Andre was a better 1st round pick than Gresham, who isn't on your list and shouldn't be.

But you forget to include Ogbuehi, David Verser, Chris Perry, Peter Warrick (one season over 800 yards, but miles better than Ross yet still very underwhelming for a top 5 pick) and Reinard Wilson (who managed 23 starts in 6 years on the team).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOw many blown first round picks have the Bengals had over the years?? - BengalChris - 10-31-2020, 10:05 PM