Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REPORT: Burfict should be activated Saturday - Play Sunday
(10-30-2015, 06:39 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals.com...if anybody still uses it.....says after today's practice ( Friday ), Coach Lewis is still undecided and says a lot of things factor in, least of which is the Steelers...The coaches decision will come Saturday.

I agree that this should not be based at all on Steelers. They are the team 3 games back, not us. They can't even catch us without outside help. .....First would be Burfict's health and career, not the one game......Second would be winning the Super Bowl, which should be the goal at 6-0, and not rushing Burfict back but instead having him healthy going into the play-offs. .....Myself, I'ld like to see them do what they were talking about yesterday, having Burfict in practice until the Nov 16th game with Houston for the last 8 games plus play-offs.

Bengals.com shows no choice has been made, and says Coach Lewis is not going base this choice on Steelers game one bit, and he is correct. You bring Burfict back only when he is ready.  That said, maybe he is ready and we will see what Coach Lewis says Saturday.

I keep hearing everyone caution "rushing him back".  Bottom line is he had this surgery 10 months ago.  If he's ready he's ready, 2 or 3 more weeks will not make a difference.  The only thing negative in rushing him back is him being able to gel with a group that has worked together since the preseason.  If as Paul Guenther says he's as smart as anyone I see no reason whatsoever not to give him the opportunity to get some snaps.  At a minimum it will juice up everyone else... and they will need it to stop Pitts run game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: REPORT: Burfict should be activated Saturday - Play Sunday - Daddy-O - 10-30-2015, 07:51 PM