Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Offensive Line: Who Starts in Two Weeks?
(11-01-2020, 08:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Five guys from off the bench came in and delivered a competent job today both in run blocking and pass protection.  Okay, I know the Tennessee Titans aren’t exactly the ‘85 Bears on defense but still; it was a much better effort than we’ve seen up front in years.

Was the pass protection perfect today?  No, but it was better.

Was the run blocking perfect today?  No, but it was better.

Two touchdowns through the air and two touchdowns on the ground proves to me the Bengals can run a balanced offense.

Now comes the bye week so what will Zac Taylor and Jim Turner do?  Let’s admit it: These backups played way better than the starters.  Do the coaches play the five best linemen against Pittsburgh or will they revert to the old starters in true Bengal fashion?

If it were up to me I would play the five best linemen, period. Look what happened today:  Shaq Calhoun brain farted twice and he was benched in favor of Quinton Spain who has been a Bengal for about 72 hours.  I’m saying screw loyalty, screw the depth chart, and roll with the five guys who played today: Adeniji, Spain, Price, Redmond, and Johnson.

Jonah Williams doesn't lose his spot regardless of what happened today. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Offensive Line: Who Starts in Two Weeks? - rfaulk34 - 11-01-2020, 09:38 PM