Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REPORT: Burfict should be activated Saturday - Play Sunday
(10-30-2015, 07:51 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I keep hearing everyone caution "rushing him back".  Bottom line is he had this surgery 10 months ago.  If he's ready he's ready, 2 or 3 more weeks will not make a difference.  The only thing negative in rushing him back is him being able to gel with a group that has worked together since the preseason.  If as Paul Guenther says he's as smart as anyone I see no reason whatsoever not to give him the opportunity to get some snaps.  At a minimum it will juice up everyone else... and they will need it to stop Pitts run game.

Pittsburg is a non factor, per Coach Lewis......and I hope he means it because they should only bring him back, when he is ready to come back. ......His health and the team and such are the real factors and you are bringing him back for the long term.....The Pittsburg game should not enter into the decision to bring him back. I agree with Coach Lewis on this. ......If Coach Lewis activates him today, it's because it is time. If he holds him back until the Houston game and has Burfict take 15 days of practices, that works also. Whatever The Coach decides, but the Steelers game should be a non factor in the choice. .......Those saying, well if the doctors clear him to play, those people are forgetting he may need a few more practices to get to where the coaches want him to be. The guy hasn't played in over a year and may need some practice reps before he is game ready.  They also want to teach him to quit frigging tackling with his head and head butting, it causes him concussions and causes the team huge penalties. No reason he can't tackle the right way.  I would like to see Burfict show all the teams that didn't draft him that they were wrong and he isn't stupid and he can be coached. He needs to make changes in his game, and it will start with listening to the coaches. .....Stopping the Steelers run is the last reason you activate him today, and Coach Lewis says Steelers will not influence his decision today.  

If they bring Burfict back BEFORE he is ready, and he gets injured, and we don't have him for a run at the Super Bowl with the team 6-0....THAT would be the worst thing they could do. ....The darn Steelers are 3 games behind us in the loss column, they can't even catch us without help from other teams. ....The Steelers need to bring Big Ben back because their season is sucking air, but the Bengals are 6-0 and there is no hurry on Burfict. ....I DO want Burfict back, and healthy and playing smarter, he is a Pro Bowl player and who can't use a Pro Bowl linebacker. He can help us win that Super Bowl. We want him for that Super Bowl. We need him for that Super Bowl.  ...Burfict back for the last 8 games and the play-offs and the Super Bowl would be great, and tomorrows game I could care less, but yes I want Burfict back to help get to the Super Bowl.  You put a healthy Burfict behind Atkins and Dunlap and Company and that is one heck of a Front 7, Super Bowl Stuff. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: REPORT: Burfict should be activated Saturday - Play Sunday - kevin - 10-31-2015, 11:06 AM