Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question For Biden Voters......
It's hard to deal in hypotheticals like this because the context is so important. But I'll entertain the idea.

Let's just start with the historical aspect, as economies tend to flourish under Democrats rather than Republicans, so if it did tank under Biden, I'd be surprised.

Was it a case where Biden was unable to rectify Trump's economic blunders, continuing the current tanking? Or would it be a case of his new policies adding on top of Trump's tanking? It's hard to answer this without knowing what hypothetically happened.

But beyond the economy, unless what Biden did to tank the economy was just beyond the pale, I will likely still think I made the correct vote because of other factors in which Biden is objectively more aligned with my ideals, such as climate change, a transition to clean energy, living wages and healthcare, among other things. He doesn't match me on any of these, but he is closer than Trump is.

In short, the question is flawed because it assumes a reasoning for voting for Biden (because of hatred for Trump) that simply doesn't exist. At least not as the main priority. Democrats, generally, don't hate Trump because he's a jackass who lies as much as he speaks. It doesn't help, but most Democrats hate him for his policies. Anti-immigration (especially in regards to refugees and asylum seekers), climate change denial, resistance to forward progress in the energy sector, his bungling of the pandemic etc.

Now, the Republicans that flipped on Trump because he was saying the quiet part out loud too much (such as the Lincoln Project)...they're a different story. I don't know what they'd say in response to this post.

Messages In This Thread
Question For Biden Voters...... - BFritz21 - 11-04-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: Question For Biden Voters...... - Dill - 11-04-2020, 05:14 PM
RE: Question For Biden Voters...... - Dill - 11-04-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: Question For Biden Voters...... - CJD - 11-04-2020, 02:26 PM