Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Bengals stop using hybrid defenses?
(11-04-2020, 04:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: I am going to say yes and this is my reasoning. Feel free to disagree but at least state why.

First, I think the constantly changing and weird sets are hampering the progress of our young linebackers. We actually can field a LB core for a 4-3 (Pratt, Wilson, ADG) or a 3-4 (Pratt, Bynes, Wilson, ADG) and if we would pick one and stick to it as the base these young backers would be able to develop as a unit and would not have constantly changing areas they have to cover - which leads to confusion especially with inexperienced players.

Second, picking either 4-3 or 3-4 and sticking to it as the base would help the defense develop some kind of identity. Right now they play like 11 players sent out there unsure of their responsibilities and not really feeling what they as a group are good at.

Whether they did 4-3 or 3-4 pick one. Right now with the depleted DL we might be better at 3-4 but either way choose one and stick with it both in practice and in play.
Totally agree with this and the 4-3 set , with the 3-4 I think the LOLB would be Hubbard or ADG with Pratt being the LILB, Wilson the RILB and Lawson the ROLB but not saying its the say all end all but Lawson and Hubbard or ADG would be best rushing the passer and Pratt has enough coverage ability to be inside and Wilson definitely can run fill and cover.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the Bengals stop using hybrid defenses? - 804 fan - 11-04-2020, 11:09 PM