Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Tyler Boyd Appreciation Thread
(11-03-2020, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But yeah, Chad was our best WR besides Isaac, Isaac just lived in a time where the WR wouldn't get the ball near as much.

I never got to see Isaac Curtis play, but I've always wondered if one of you older guys who got to see him could run me through his career past year 4.

His first 4 seasons he averaged roughly 800 yards and 8 TD's a season.  From years 5 through 12, he never hit 800 yards again, and only hit 8 TD's once.  He had TD totals in those final 8 seasons of 2, 3, 8, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1, 0 (Average of 2.75 TD's a season)

What's even stranger is, the league expanded to a 16 game schedule in his 6th season (14 game schedule in years 1-5).  One would assume his numbers would increase, not decrease with two additional games of statistics.

He did have two seasons cut short by injury, which explain lesser numbers.  And obviously guys decline over time, which explains his final years.  But I'm wondering what happened in a lot of those other seasons.

He had Ken Anderson for the entirity of his career.  The team had some really good years throughout his career, not just in his first 4 seasons.  Collinsworth didn't arrive until late in his career.

Did an injury kinda change his game, or did we start to spread the ball around more?  Just curious.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tyler Boyd Appreciation Thread - 3wt - 11-05-2020, 12:41 PM
RE: Tyler Boyd Appreciation Thread - Wes Mantooth - 11-05-2020, 01:50 PM