Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
US Inability to Count Votes is a National Disgrace. And Dangerous.
(11-06-2020, 01:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It doesn't have to be 100% digital. But still, there are options better than what we have now. 

At the very least, the states that are still counting should be forced to update their voting procedures.

It's not a failure of their voting procedures. 

These are states where the election is incredibly close. I'm counting 17 other states that have been called where they still have only 66%-95% of the votes counted. The remaining are all 96-99%, much like PA and GA. The difference is those states are not close so the rest of the results will not change it. None of these states will be 100% until next week and that's how it always goes. 

As I mentioned in my first post in this thread, what you're seeing is the result of the dynamics of using winner take all and the Electoral College combined with a pandemic that required a higher than usual number of mail ballots, which take longer to count when your system is not set up to rely on such a large number of them. Furthermore, outside challenges to hurt the mail delivery of those ballots causes even more delays. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Inability to Count Votes is a National Disgrace. And Dangerous. - BmorePat87 - 11-06-2020, 02:21 PM