Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revisiting season expectations now that the season has reached the half-way mark
(11-01-2020, 11:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: For me, this season needed to produce more wins than the 2018 team, which had no AJ or Dalton for many games and Driskel was the QB for 5 or 6 games yet they still managed 6 wins.

With the 2020 team having more talent than the 2018 team, I felt at the start of this year that the 2020 team should have at least 6 wins for the coaching staff to have earned their jobs for next season.

Essentially, if the team wants a championship, then its coaching staff need to be able to get more out of players than average. Marvin got enough to make it to the playoffs 5 straight times, but fell short on the playoff wins with zero.

Now we are at the half-way point and the team is 2-5-1, but those additional wins are possible.

My goal is always playoffs or wasted season. So, likely my goal will not be reached.

I do love the progression of rookies Burrow, Higgins and Wilson. If we can hit on 2 or 3 draft picks a year minimum the next few years, the Burrow years could become great rather quickly. But others also need to continue to step up like Kareem, J. Williams, Hart, Bates (already in process as seems to get better every week), Geno (back to pro bowl Geno), AJ back to pro bowl AJ and others, then add some key free agents team can go from basement in 2021 to playoffs in 2021 to Super Bowl contenders in 2022.

Joe Burrow makes everyone around him better and I think that includes the mindset of the defense also. Losing is contagious, but so is winning and we have a winner plating QB for us hopefully for next 20 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revisiting season expectations now that the season has reached the half-way mark - Luvnit2 - 11-06-2020, 07:52 PM