Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revisiting season expectations now that the season has reached the half-way mark
(11-06-2020, 07:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My goal is always playoffs or wasted season. So, likely my goal will not be reached.

I do love the progression of rookies Burrow, Higgins and Wilson. If we can hit on 2 or 3 draft picks a year minimum the next few years, the Burrow years could become great rather quickly. But others also need to continue to step up like Kareem, J. Williams, Hart, Bates (already in process as seems to get better every week), Geno (back to pro bowl Geno), AJ back to pro bowl AJ and others, then add some key free agents team can go from basement in 2021 to playoffs in 2021 to Super Bowl contenders in 2022.

Joe Burrow makes everyone around him better and I think that includes the mindset of the defense also. Losing is contagious, but so is winning and we have a winner plating QB for us hopefully for next 20 years.

See highlighed. Boy did you hit the nail on the head. Poor drafting really set the team back. It started in 2015 with Ogbuehi and Fisher, and that entire draft class really. Then the Ross pick, then Price didn't work out. There were some good pick in there, like Mixon, Bates and Hubbard. Jonah Williams hasn't been anything special.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revisiting season expectations now that the season has reached the half-way mark - BengalChris - 11-06-2020, 08:44 PM