Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(11-06-2020, 08:09 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Define fixed though. Even at their best that’s a middle of the road offensive line. We need to give Burrow the best we possibly can, and 2/5 of those positions can easily be upgraded through free agency and the draft, and possibly even a third depending on who’s out there.

While there's room for improvement on the OL, the DL and LBs are in worse shape, especially if Lawson leaves. DBs will be in worse shape too if WJ3 leaves. Part of that is scheme though.

All I'm saying is they are averaging over 24 PPG this season with this below average OL, and they may actually get an improved OL by season's end once Williams, XSF, Hopkins, and Hart come back. Jordan actually has competition at LG now with Spain, so I hope they play the better of the two.
They've actually exceeded 30 points in half of their games.
If they had a halfway decent defense, they'd potentially have a winning record right now I believe.

So if you heavily invest in OL upgrades this offseason in FA+draft, you might not get the defensive upgrades you need, and ultimately end up in a worse position for 2021 from a record perspective.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign - ochocincos - 11-08-2020, 07:32 PM
No Spain no Gain - kalibengal - 11-12-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - Bilbo Saggins - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - fredtoast - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM