Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientists Watch As Wasps Diverge To Become Separate Species
(10-31-2015, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Horses and Donkeys are different species.  The fact that they can not produce a fertile offspring proves this.  

But they can breed and there are cases of fertile female mules, right?

As to the silliness (IMO) of the OP I'll address it as it appears to have many upset.

There are over a million species of insect. The fact that folks would waste time and money closely tracking wasps that prey on different variety of fruit flies (maggots) and suggest they "could" be diverging into different species simply because they choose to prey on different types of fruit flies and the abstract of the paper they write http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2015/10/20/1424717112.abstract contains "woulds, coulds, mights..."  took 7 scientists to come to this conclusion to me is funny. These new species could simply be a result of hybrid speciation (2 different species breeding to form a "new species".

I get that some are geeked up about such things; however, I am not one of them. perhaps I'm too "dull".

[Image: funny-Bill-Nye-science.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientists Watch As Wasps Diverge To Become Separate Species - bfine32 - 10-31-2015, 07:33 PM