Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Out of All the Irresponsible Actions...
(11-09-2020, 12:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: CNN example, I don't know what they are supposed to do when Trump says uncivil things, or moronic ones, or false ones, or actually dangerous ones like claiming voter fraud by the millions without a shred of evidence. At some point, I feel calling things what they are might trump the urge for being "civil" and not saying anything impolite, no matter how warranted it might be. I get they (and also many Democrats and liberal commentators etc.) take it too far sometimes, meaning I agree with that. But accusing them of inciting violence by not reporting in a way Trump could more easily stomach (or helps him "keep his ego intact", which would effectively mean they'd have to call him great and beautiful), that imho takes it a notch too far.

Yes, and there is a danger here in "just reporting" all the bolded without comment as well.

That normalizes the crazy. Nothing out of the ordinary when the guy in charge of National institutions wants to explore nuking hurricanes or disinfecting lungs or to investigate and lock up political opponents? 

We've seen the consequences for government when the people sitting around WH conference tables have to keep Trump's ego intact.

And we've seen the consequences for the country when Fox went that route as well. 

Trumpism isn't over and adult news needs to hold the line.

It shouldn't return incivility for incivility,

but it should reject any implication that judging/exposing Trumpist behavior is just "both sides" being uncivil and divisive and hypcritical.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Out of All the Irresponsible Actions... - Dill - 11-09-2020, 12:28 PM