Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Out of All the Irresponsible Actions...
(11-09-2020, 12:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: AOC is the most prominent name though there are others. One even started the "Trump Accountability Project". The goal is to hold them "responsible" for supporting/enabling Trump. So I guess it could be to investigate and/or "lock em up".

You do agree, though, that this is reprehensible and should NOT be something people engage in. Right? Just like it was wrong for Trump to even suggest locking up his political opposition, it's also wrong for AOC and Democrats, right?

I read one tweet from AOC which asked that we remember who stood with Trump when the day comes that Trumpism is a political liability. Don't let them deny that they chose to support, refused to help control him. I don't see that as much different than the usual--"remember how they voted on gun control" or taxes increases or whatever. If AOC goes further than that then, yes, that will be reprehensible.

There may be some legitimate interest in investigating abuse of power/office of some Trump cabinet members. But I don't see anything yet comparable to Trump ordering the DOJ to go after Biden during an election. 

If the Dems do something like that it will be wrong.  

But I'll be very surprised if "the Dems" do something like that, led and supported by Biden and Harris, the party leaders, who seem to desire the return of stability, normalcy, civility and good government. 

Pretty sure they will be striving to move forward, talking policy and not holding rallies with endless rambling about their poll numbers and false anecdote after false anecdote about what crooks the other side was. There is no Biden equivalent of "The Snake" poem to be told and retold. If some Dems want to chant "lock them up," they won't go along. That's the kind of leadership we have now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Out of All the Irresponsible Actions... - Dill - 11-09-2020, 01:10 PM