Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Out of All the Irresponsible Actions...
(11-09-2020, 02:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's a way to do both, it just requires a degree of maturity and professionalism that appears to be lacking.

So here is a thought I just had about this. Journalists are human. They have their own opinions, preferences, and biases. They have been faced with a hostile administration from the onset. They've made mistakes and slip-ups along the way; I don't think anyone would deny that. But the majority of the time the journalists for reputable news agencies are trying to report the information without editorializing it. They have been facing new challenges throughout this time. Note, this is about journalists and not opinion writers or talking heads.

This makes me think a lot about how police are viewed by the public. Police are often tasked with a job in which they are asked to put aside their opinions, biases, etc. and do things that are often above and beyond their training. But both journalists and police are human. They both will have their biases crop up in their work because that is what happens with humans. If a reporter, an actual journalist, comes across as a little too happy over the election results while reporting the facts then that is a human thing and we should have room for them to be imperfect in that way.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Out of All the Irresponsible Actions... - Belsnickel - 11-09-2020, 02:15 PM