Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(11-09-2020, 02:32 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I think Burrow is better between the ears than Herbert. I think he's just like Brees: not a rocket arm, but his processing of information is outstanding. While Herbert can make all the throws, the few games I've watched he's been a one read QB. Lets see him work progressions after a D starts taking his first read away. Either way, Joe can be the guy to take us all the way without a doubt if the FO can build a team around him over the next 4 years.

While I agree with the idea of Burrow having an incredible ability to process info, I heavily disagree with Herbert being a “one-read QB”. Herbert is on pace for 4,600 yards, 39 TDs & 11 INTs in 15 games. That pace would equal over 4900 yards and 42 TDs in a full 16 game season, absolutely shattering every major rookie record. You don’t get that kind of production from being a one-read QB.

I do think a fair assessment is that Herbert has been unusually good throwing the ball deep, whereas Burrow has made a living in the intermediate game. I think that bodes well for the longevity of Burrows success, as the vast majority of a teams passing attempts come in that 10-20 yard range. Burrow really thrives there. Herbert isn’t bad by any means, but he isn’t AS good as Burrow is in that area of the field. Herbert has just been significantly better on deeper throws than Burrow.

Overall, they are both looking to be absolute studs and if they both keep playing like this, they will be Super Bowl capable QBs. Also, unless Burrow pulls away with a bunch of victories while the Chargers keep on losing, Herbert has the inside track to winning the OROTY award.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - ah5 - 10-03-2020, 01:24 AM
RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - KillerGoose - 11-09-2020, 02:58 PM