Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revisiting season expectations now that the season has reached the half-way mark
(11-07-2020, 10:26 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: They spent freely on defense and so far the unit is a huge letdown.  Injuries hurt, but that's the NFL, got to have depth.  
Offense has been a huge improvement with Burrow and Higgins.  The makings of a 8 year productive partnership, great 1-2 picks from the draft.  AJ hasn't surprised, I didn't expect him to be the AJ of old, receivers age out quickly with injuries and age.  Offensive line is offensive, no surprise since no new significant FA/draft upgrades. 

To make the season successful, Bengals style, lets get a few more wins, Burrow stays healthy in mind and body and no more injuries to key players, as few of them as there are.  So far they are 2-2 at home, showing some promise with the home fans.  On the road its 0-3-1 with winnable games ahead. They have 5 bad teams ahead, some very bad, they can win them all.  

7-8-1 is reasonable expectations. 

To be fair, all that money went into Reader and Waynes basically, and one of them hasn't been able to step on the field and the other barely got on it before getting injured. Vonn Bell was the third highest and he's been on the field basically the entire year so that's not a bad signing, I think he's played quite well given the front seven. 

Also, it's impossible to build depth in a year so we still have holdovers from last years horrible defense. All in all the free agent spending is inconclusive as far as I'm concerned. But time will tell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revisiting season expectations now that the season has reached the half-way mark - AlphaBengal - 11-09-2020, 05:09 PM