Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revisiting season expectations now that the season has reached the half-way mark
(11-01-2020, 11:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: For me, this season needed to produce more wins than the 2018 team, which had no AJ or Dalton for many games and Driskel was the QB for 5 or 6 games yet they still managed 6 wins.

With the 2020 team having more talent than the 2018 team, I felt at the start of this year that the 2020 team should have at least 6 wins for the coaching staff to have earned their jobs for next season.

Essentially, if the team wants a championship, then its coaching staff need to be able to get more out of players than average. Marvin got enough to make it to the playoffs 5 straight times, but fell short on the playoff wins with zero.

Now we are at the half-way point and the team is 2-5-1, but those additional wins are possible.

Yeah, I think we will win at least 4 more games with the way Burrow is playing and the way the team seems to be coming together.

After the Steeler game it gets considerably easier schedule wise. This Offense is tough to stop if the O-line just plays decent.

The Defense is really where my concerns are with Lou and his sad scheming at times. But sometimes they flash and play well.

We will see, but I am expecting around 6 or 7 wins this season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revisiting season expectations now that the season has reached the half-way mark - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-09-2020, 05:10 PM