Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(11-09-2020, 06:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, everyone even remotely familiar with my posting history knows I’m a giant homer...LMAO

Look, I’m not even trying to suggest Burrow should win OROY. Right now literally no one could argue against giving it to Herbert. I think you can make a case for either of them honestly. I’m just pointing out a difference like TE production. Which I think is entirely fair. Hunter Henry is on pace for over 700+ yds, and even their other TE’s are catching TD’s.

We otoh are stuck with a #1TE on pace for 348 yds and 0 TD’s, and little to nothing else behind him. That makes a difference. Uzomah was a bigger loss than some people realize, imo. And he’s really not even that good to begin with. TE is a very weak position group for this team.

i will call a truce.. i know your not a homer but you sure get out there when someone points something out right now that does not bend towards Burrow.. teams are different though.. I have watched Chargers alot since I liked Herbert in College and they don;t run spread  as much like the Bengals do.. it is more offense mindset vs bad TEs.  I think losing Uzomah hurt for sure.. and i would prefer to use Tate almost like a TE but I don;t think in Taylors system TEs are going to be as important.  Hell Big Ben has even disregarded TEs of late... only have like 4  to 5 catches a game for less than 50 yards a game.. they are spread a ton now... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - ah5 - 10-03-2020, 01:24 AM
RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Essex Johnson - 11-09-2020, 08:07 PM