Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green needs to rise to the occasion this weekend
(11-10-2020, 02:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd love for AJ to get involved, and to produce a vintage AJ performance.

That said, I disagree about Burrow making an effort to do so.  If he's open then great, feed him the ball.  But I wouldn't go out of the way to target him.

I think forcing the ball to AJ has hurt us at times.  The first Cleveland game we tartgeted him 13 times, and he only caught 3 of them.  For the year, he's under 50% on receptions per targtes, which is well below his career average.

Up until this point, AJ Green has shown virtually nothing in ability to make a tough catch.  And he's shown even less down the field.  For whatver reason, he's just not going up to meet the ball.  What he has provided is basically that of a possession receiver.  Yet we keep trying to use him down the field, and it NEVER works.  I'd use him for what he's shown he can still do; underneath routes and on the sidelines, 10 yards and in.

Like I said, if he's open and he's the best option, get him the ball.  But I'm really not sure what he provides beyond what Auden Tate does.  And, in fact, Tate can go up and make some plays that AJ hasn't.  So I'm not getting my hopes up that AJ Green is going to throw up a 9 catch, 125 yard game any time soon.

I think.in.that Cleveland game Denzel Ward was on Green.
At that time Higgins wasnt even featured as he is now.
But now will AJ even.draw the Steelers best cover CB?
Is that Haden or Cameron Sutton?
I just dont want to see Burrow going to Green on those all or 
Nothing boundry throws. It hasnt worked all year.

I think sending Green on a skinny post vs single high coverage 
Could be a big gainer. I know AJ has another big game left in him. Couldnt come at a better time this weekend 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green needs to rise to the occasion this weekend - impactplaya - 11-10-2020, 02:31 PM