Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Out of All the Irresponsible Actions...
(11-10-2020, 01:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm honestly trying with you, but if you expect me to respond to that absolute mess of posts you're going to be disappointed.  No, it has nothing to do with being incapable and everything to do with them being an overly long, disjointed mess.  Although I doubt you'll take me at my word in this regard.

If you are referring to my posts, then no, I don't take you at your word. They are quite systematic. The are long because they gather in the centrifugal and off-issue charges to address them too. 

The first re-explains that I am acknowledging the diversity of the Trump base.  You ask for proof of my claims about Evangelical support, and I gave it. I also linked to some of the many threads on which I have discussed this issue before, so you can see my "posting history" and don't have to "take my word." 

The second addresses your charge that I present one side as absolutely right.  I dispute that and re-state that the focus of this issue/dispute should be first and foremost on the factual record and what can be said about that. Start with yes/no answers to true/false questions.

The third post continues in that vein, with three, sequentially stated points. 

so it should be easy. Just refute my factual premises, without recording your impressions, and my argument is done.

1. Do Trump and Right Wing Media spread conspiracy theories?  Yes or no?

2. Do millions of his followers believe and act on those conspiracy theories? Yes or no?

3. Can 1 and 2 have very negative implications for democracy; can they actually determine the outcome of national elections? yes or no.

4. Does Trump have massive support among Evangelicals? Yes or no?

5. Do Evangelical leaders present Trump as chosen by God and do a sizable number of their followers believe this? Yes or no? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Out of All the Irresponsible Actions... - Dill - 11-10-2020, 05:20 PM