Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(11-10-2020, 05:07 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Rome wasn't built in a day folks! Where do you have most of your future? The QB, The Franchise, the Tiger King!!!
You have to first ensure his safety against the likes of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc....
They can't have a middle of the pack OL moving forward. They have to be the Steelers or Colts or Dallas OL. Top 5 OL....
They still get some DL back next year anyway. They get Reader back along with Wren, and 345 lb. Tupou back who was coming into his own. They'll still have Geno and Hubbard; and Khalid Kareem could be the future at the end spot anyway. And Trae Waynes hasn't played a down and will take over WJIII's spot anyway. They can still draft another DB somewhere in the draft.
So, after they draft an OL in the 1st round, they can get Def players with picks 2-5.
I would fully expect for them to be players in FA for at least 1 RG or RT.
The future of this team is bright, but only if they can keep the Tiger King Upright! :)

I can understand your logic on most of this except for the bolded. Kareem's whopping 9 tackles with 0 TFLs, 0 sacks, and 0 QB Hits in 8 games played is not making me think he could in any way be the "future" at the end spot. I'm fine keeping Kareem with the last end spot, but in no way should the Bengals bank on him being a major contributor next year.

As you said, they should have some boost with Tupou, Reader, Wren, and Waynes coming back. But ultimately, we don't know if they will play well or not when they finally are back. And if WJ3 leaves, you're basically requiring that a draft pick has to be a starter right out of the gate and play well on top of that. Same for edge if Lawson doesn't re-sign. Lawson and WJ3 are the best players at their position on the team right now. I am all for a CB and edge being drafted, and early, but I think WJ3 and/or Lawson needs to still be retained.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign - ochocincos - 11-10-2020, 06:03 PM
No Spain no Gain - kalibengal - 11-12-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - Bilbo Saggins - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - fredtoast - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM