Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could 8-0 Steelers be Taylors '03 Kansas City?
(11-10-2020, 08:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Marvin was 4-5 in year 1.

Taylor is 4-19-1 in year 2.

So Marvin had as many wins in only 9 games as Taylor did in 24.  So I think the overall feeling surrounding each coach was completely different.

We went from having virtually no success over the previous 13 years to immediately being respectable.  That KC game had the enire fanbase beleiving that maybe things would finally be different.  The entire town was excited coming off that win.  For a rookie HC to have us at 5-5 was amazing.  Especially when many thought '03 was a throwaway rebuilding year, where our new franchise QB was shelved for a learning year.

Taylor, on the other hand, I think is basically at the point where needs wins like these to just convince anyone he wasn't a complete disaster of a hire.

All that said, I definitely think we can win on Sunday.  This is the NFL afterall, and the Steelers aren't nearly as good as their record suggest.  But I can't see a win this week coming anywhere close to what we saw in '03.  Completely different circumstances.

I agree with all the points you make, but I think a win over the Steelers would lift this fanbase more than that win over the Chiefs simply because It is the #&$@% STEELERS!!!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could 8-0 Steelers be Taylors '03 Kansas City? - fredtoast - 11-10-2020, 09:32 PM