Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Out of All the Irresponsible Actions...
(11-10-2020, 05:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You'll forgive me for cutting out all the condescension and just addressing the questions.  Does Trump spread conspiracy theories, yes. 

You'll have to actually define the "right wing media" for me to be able to answer the rest of this.

Good. Condescension drama gone. Focus on the questions, and factual record.

You agree Trump spreads conspiracy theories. One point secured. 

You are not sure what I mean by "right wing media." I mean first of all Fox News, but include the Sinclair Broadcast Group and One American News Network, and the Christian Broadcasting Network, plus other news websites like World Net Daily and Breitbart and the news aggregator Drudge Report (though Matt seems to have turned on Trump). Newspapers like the Washington Times and New York Post fit in as well, and publishers like Regnery, and think Tanks like the Heritage Foundation and the American Enterprise institutes, One could throw in magazines and journals like The Federalist, Commentary and The National Review  among others. Add to this a number of opinion forums and blogs like The Mental Recession, Jihad Watch, Power Line, The Gateway Pundit, and Red State, among many. (White nationalist websites count here too, like Storm Front) The latter are among the primary vectors of rumor and conspiracy theories.  I mention that "neutral" sites like Facebook and Twitter, though not Right Wing organizations, are nevertheless also massive vectors of disinformation moved through the net by millions of individual rightists.

These organizations collectively form a network through which political disinformation can move with much less resistance than the MSM, though some nodes provide more of that resistance than others. Foreign actors like Russia utilize this network extensively, directing bot armies which introduce disinformation to be "shared' by millions who distrust the liberal media. There is nothing like this on "the other side." A shout out here to my man Hannity, who forms the capstone of this network as I see it. THE MASTER of projection.

[Image: 201110111731-sean-hannity-fox-news-scree...ge-169.jpg]

Hoping we can consider the reference of "Right Wing Media" settled, so I can move on to the question of whether millions of Trump followers believe and act on the Trump conspiracies they move through this network. Like they watch Hannity and listen to Rush religiously every day, to the exclusion of responsible media, but don't really buy in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Out of All the Irresponsible Actions... - Dill - 11-11-2020, 10:10 AM