Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Out of All the Irresponsible Actions...
(11-11-2020, 11:28 AM)Dill Wrote: Fred, I don't buy this undercount. Or at least it needs some qualification/re-framing.

There are about 90 million Evangelicals in the US. About 20% of Evangelicals do not support Trump--mostly Black and women. (I started a thread on this issue once on the old forum.)

If one limits the pool to white evangelicals who support Trump, the number who think him anointed/chosen by God will I'm sure be closer to 80%.  Or more. That could be as many as 40-50 million people/voters. Quite enough to determine an election.

My primary ground for saying this is the number of Evangelical leaders, especially televangelists and hosts of CBN shows who openly endorse and discuss this, and urge followers to get out and vote because in doing so they are directly furthering God's plan. Many believe they are part of an Army of God's minions, which includes angels (some summoned from Africa and South America to help), who are swarming America to insure Satan does not win this election.

This is a subculture, largely quiet and almost invisible, which many Americans are wholly unfamiliar with, in which the Bible and the US Constitution are interwoven into one document based, biblical worldview with its own iconography. But it can be "activated" for political ends. Some of Trump's more baffling behavior, like the holding the Bible up before St. John's Church during the DC protests, make great sense within this iconography.
 [Image: legacy-of-hope-jon-mcnughton-names-1-1024x670.jpg]

In the "laying on of hands" pictured here*, notice the two most prominent connections to Trump are our greatest presidents, Washington and Lincoln. MLK and Robert E. Lee mingle in the background--all on the same side now. And that is definitely Billy Graham, not John Wayne in the upper right quadrant. Some old keys, an old paper, and some book on the table before Trump.  Wonder what they're supposed to represent?

*Modelled on photographs of those "laying ons" which frequently occurred in the Trump White House.

This made me vomit in my mouth a little bit.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Out of All the Irresponsible Actions... - Belsnickel - 11-11-2020, 11:59 AM